Tuesday 20 August 2013

FOOTBALL LOVING COUPLE MARRY AT THE STADIUM IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS OF FANS DURING MATCH BETWEEN SPURS AND STOKE CITY

A couple proved a real match of the day when the groom surprised his bride-to-be by arranging their wedding for during half-time of a Premier League football game. Jade Barker, 23, was eagerly anticipating tying the knot with fiancé Levi Stone, 23, when she turned up at Stoke City FC’s Britannia Stadium on the morning of her wedding. Even though their big date had fallen on Stoke’s clash with Tottenham Hotspur that didn’t stop determined Levi from giving his bride her special day. The pair enjoyed VIP seats of the action as stunned Jade sat in the stands wearing her lavish white wedding dress. And at half time the pair got to tie the knot and said their vows in front of 28,000 screaming football fans on the pitch to chants of: ‘You don’t know what you’re doing!’ The blushing bride was even made to wear football boots so as not to damage Stoke’s hallowed turf with her high heels. The newlywed couple then enjoyed a lap of honour of the ground before settling down to watch the second half. Stoke went on to lose the game 2-1. The pair, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staff, and 150 guests then danced the night away on a special Astroturf dance floor complete with goals and cardboard cut-out footballers. Jade admitted that although her original thoughts were ‘what the hell are we doing here?’ she thoroughly enjoyed her big day. Jade, a lifeguard trainer, said: ‘I didn’t know what was going on but I trusted him. He did amazingly. We both got what we wanted. ‘My dress was amazing and he got lads wedding at the stadium. ‘The worst part of it was being away from him for so long. ‘I didn’t think about all the people watching because I hadn’t seen him for three weeks so I was just so happy to be back with him saying our vows. ‘Although when we got there I did ask “what the hell are we doing here?” I couldn’t believe I was at a football match on my wedding day. ‘The worst part was walking through all the Spurs fans and I heard some people chant “you don’t know what you ’r doing.” ‘But I wanted to marry him wherever it would be and I wouldn’t change any of it for the world.’ The pair’s story is about to hit the screens in the BBC Three show Don’t Tell The Bride, which sees men organise their weddings behind their partners’ backs. Producers gave the groom £12,000 to plan a wedding in just three weeks while the bride moves back in with her parents and is allowed no contact with her fiancé. Levi explained his risky reasoning behind choosing his beloved Stoke City FC as the wedding venue. Levi, who works as a project manager, said: ‘I’ve been watching Stoke City for about 10 years. ‘It’s like my church so I thought it would be a perfect venue. ‘Firstly it was brought up at the pub as a joke but then me and my best man Damien started to seriously consider the idea. “Some parts were stressful but I was optimistic and organised so it I managed to stay on top of it. ‘We both knew that we wanted to get married and we never wanted a long term engagement so it worked perfectly.’ Jade came up with the idea for Levi to apply even before he had proposed. Levi popped the question on March 21 and the pair tied the knot on May 12. Best man Damien, 22, added: ‘Every minute of the planning was such a laugh and the actual day was amazing.’

No comments:

Post a Comment